Job Series Number: 0180
Clinical Psychologists work closely with inmates in federal prisons. They participate as members of an interdisciplinary healthcare team, administer a wide variety of psychological assessment techniques, interpret results, and prepare comprehensive reports.
We have a continuous need for Clinical Psychologists around the country.
Pay Levels GS-12, GS-13
For consideration at the GS-12 level
Candidates must also demonstrate they have the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform their job as a Clinical Psychologist:
- knowledge of treatment methods and treatment interventions relevant to a correctional setting
- professional job-related experience, including conducting individual and group psychotherapy
- knowledge of psychological assessment and report writing
- knowledge of program administration
We are hiring for this position at many locations across the country.
Normally when a vacancy is announced, it's for a job opening at a specific location. However, because this position is in high demand it's considered an "open-continuous" announcement. That means you get to choose your top two facilities that you want to work at. Here's how it works:
Apply for this position using the usajobs.gov website as you would do with any other
Clinical Psychologist Open-Continuous Announcement
Select any two locations that you want to work at.
View all of our locations
- After your application is accepted, you will be added to a standing register of qualified candidates.
- When a position becomes available at one of the facilities that you selected, you will be considered for that position, and if you are selected we will contact you with an offer.
It's that simple!
Do your career justice
Come and work for a one of the most unique agencies in the United States Department of Justice where each employee's day-to-day performance makes a difference. Our family and career-oriented agency promotes integrity, diversity, and professional development.
- A supportive, safe, and secure environment with opportunity for growth and advancement.
- A competitive federal government salary and benefits, including health care and retirement.
- Potential for recruitment incentives.
- Flexible work options.