Job Series Number: 3100
Fabric Workers make, modify, alter, and repair fabric equipment, clothing, and other articles such as awnings, tents, containments, gun covers, sleeping bags, mattresses, parachutes, belts, carrying cases, flags, bed linens, protective clothing, work clothes, dress clothes, suit coats, and uniforms. Fabrics include wool, cotton, linen, canvas, nylon, polyester, rayon, acetate, acrylic, olefin, saran, metallic fabrics, fabrics made of rubber yarn or plastic filaments, leather, felt, fiberglass, vinyl, asbestos, and other similar materials.
Fabric work involves taking measurements; making patterns and layouts; marking, cutting, fitting, and sewing or cementing parts together; using hand or power tools and equipment; and knowledge of fabric and construction methods.
- ability to supervise
- aptitude for work with prisoners
- knowledge of fabric and clothing work
- knowledge of shop and trade practices
- ability to interpret instructions and specifications
- ability to use/take measurement and layout
- ability to use and maintain tools and equipment
We are hiring for this position at many locations across the country.
Normally when a vacancy is announced, it's for a job opening at a specific location. However, because this position is in high demand it's considered an "open-continuous" announcement. That means you get to choose your top two facilities that you want to work at. Here's how it works:
Apply for this position using the usajobs.gov website as you would do with any other
Select any two locations that you want to work at.
View all of our locations
- After your application is accepted, you will be added to a standing register of qualified candidates.
- When a position becomes available at one of the facilities that you selected, you will be considered for that position, and if you are selected we will contact you with an offer.
It's that simple!
Please consider the following locations that have immediate vacancies:
Do your career justice
Come and work for a one of the most unique agencies in the United States Department of Justice where each employee's day-to-day performance makes a difference. Our family and career-oriented agency promotes integrity, diversity, and professional development.
- A supportive, safe, and secure environment with opportunity for growth and advancement.
- A competitive federal government salary and benefits, including health care and retirement.
- Potential for recruitment incentives.
- Flexible work options.